European Federation of Psychology Students’ Associations (E.F.P.S.A.)
EFPSA was established in 1987 at the first international congress of psychology students in Portugal . The Federation involves the national psychology student organisations from most European countries, representing around 60.000 students.
Members : Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Croatia, Latvia, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, and Montenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.
- to promote the exchange of ideas among European psychology students in connection to their profession;
- to promote scientific co-operation among European psychology students;
- to help the improvement of the European psychology education;
- to aid interaction amongst students at both an international level;
- to promote the mobility of the European psychology students.
EFPSA has been an Affiliate Member of EFPA (European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations) since 1999. The relationship involves not only the mutual exchange of information, but also the cooperation e.g. in promoting the European Psychologist Diploma.
EFPSA also haw a strong connection with IPSO (International Psychologist Students’ Organisation), a rather new organization with virtually the same goals and o global membership of both student organisations and individual psychology students.