This letter invites all EFPA (Associate) Member Associations and Sectoral organisations to make nominations for the prize for 2013. The prize will be presented at the Opening Ceremony of the XIIIth European Congress of Psychology in Stockholm (Sweden) in July 2013 (www.ecp2013.org), where the recipient will be invited to hold a special Aristotle lecture.
The Aristotle Prize was donated to EFPA by the Association of Greek Psychologists and the Hellenic Psychological Society, being the organisers of the IVth European Congress of Psychology in Athens (Greece) in 1995.
The first Aristotle Prize was awarded to Prof. Pieter Drenth from Amsterdam in 1995, followed by Prof. Paul Baltes from Berlin in 1997, Prof. David Magnusson in Stockholm 1999, Prof. Alan Baddeley in 2001 in London, Prof. Lea Pulkkinen in Vienna 2003, Prof. Rocio Fernandez-Ballesteros in 2005 in Granada, to Prof. William Yule in 2007 in Prague, to Prof. Claus Bundesen in 2009 in Oslo and to Prof. Marinus Van Ijzendoorn in 2011 in Istanbul.
· a European psychologist or a group of European psychologists
· who is/are recognized internationally as having made a substantial and original contribution to psychology as a science or a profession.
· to be demonstrated by international recognition which includes :
– publications in scholarly journals
– presentations at national and European, especially European, conferences
– a substantial contribution to European psychology through leadership, or the promulgation of psychology as a science and a profession.
Application procedure :
Nominations should include
· a letter of nomination, sent in by the (associate) member association or sectoral organisation, signed by two nominators and
· a statement as to how the nominee meets the criteria and
· a list of publications and
· a current curriculum vitae with picture.
For more information on the Aristotle Prize, please consult the application procedures as described in the document attached.
Please, respond to the Head Office by sending the nominations – only per email – email@example.com not later than December 15, 2012.